Thursday 19 July 2012

Waiting for Godard?

A Country Road. A Tree

A Blog

Evening.

It's been some time since I've been here.



Audience : I'm glad to see you back. I thought you were gone forever.

Savant-Garde : Me too.

Audience : Together again at last! We'll have to celebrate this. But how? (they reflect.) Get up till I embrace you.


A celebration of a return eh?

How excitable you all are.

Some of you may have been wondering where I've been, spending many nights wishfully clicking the refresh button on my blog page, eagerly awaiting my return.

Well, wait no longer.

I return from my many adventures and failures in the real world, full of its spoken word brutality and face to face polemic 'discussions'.

To mark my return from the worldly ditch, I shall, over the next few weeks re-watch and review the films of Jean-Luc Godard, the master of French New-Wave cinema and one of the most innovative film makers of his generation.


Your returning Savant,
Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment